Saturday, August 13, 2011

Welcome to the 50's

Somewhere between The Help, The Beatles, and Mad Men I've come to the conclusion that I was so born in the wrong era. Here's a couple reasons.

1. The men- watch one episode of Mad Men and you will long for a man that appreciated curves the way those guys do. Plus, HELLO, James Dean and Marlon Brando

2. The fashion and hair- True big hair was what it was all about. And try to tell me I wouldn't look adorable in one of those Sunday-best sundresses.

3. The music- The Beatle's, Simon and Garfunkel, and American Bandstand. Let's be honest, I'd be a regular dancer on Bandstand.

Cast of Mad Men

That being said, I recommend Mad Men to anyone who needs a new show to watch. I'm starting from the beginning on Netflix. On top of the amazing dialogue surrounding political and social situations of the fifties, Don Draper is a dream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment